Trotman are currently recruiting for a:
Web Editorial Assistant – one year fixed-term contract
About the Job
We now have an exciting role for a Web Editorial Assistant to join our team in Bath to research, write and curate content for our online educational resources.
As part of this, the Web Editorial Assistant will:
- Fact-check and rewrite existing content on an ongoing basis, to keep it up to date.
- Plan, research, write and edit new content, in line with market needs.
- Work closely with a number of external contributors to the site to deliver content.
- Source and resize images and artwork.
- Help create and source rich media, such as video case studies.
- Upload material and maintain the quality and accuracy of the websites once they are live.
- Manage several blogs.
- In liaison with the rest of our team, contribute towards design briefs and help to maximise the impact of the websites.
- Complete projects on time and to budget through a can-do approach to work and excellent organisation skills.
Key Attributes and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a demonstrable interest in working on high-quality websites. They will be extremely well-organised, manage their time effectively, be able to use their initiative and be a great communicator within a small, busy team. They must have an excellent eye for detail, be able to write clearly and effectively and be proactive when it comes to researching updates and new information. Some experience of text editing and rewriting for the web is desirable, as is experience with using WordPress. A proven interest in supporting students in education would be an advantage.
Reports to: Della Oliver, Commissioning Editor, Trotman.
Location: Crimson Publishing, 19-21 Charles Street, Bath, BA1 1HX.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter outlining their suitability for the project to Della Oliver email@example.com, by Friday 17th March 2017.