Crimson Publishing is looking for a full-time Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator to join the team at our offices in Bath.
This is a new and important role within a small team, operating across a diverse range of titles and markets.
Crimson is an independent publisher of high-quality books and digital resources, designed to improve the way people live and work. Our imprints include Trotman (careers resources and university entrance guides), White Ladder (pregnancy and childcare), Crimson (business and entrepreneurship), OS Pathfinder (Britain’s best-loved walking guides) and Time Out (travel guides).
This varied role will include a range of sales and marketing administrative elements, ideal for an enthusiastic and proactive person who is organised, enthusiastic and keen to get stuck in to all aspects of sales and marketing. The role will provide support for the small sales and marketing team and will have responsibility for various areas of trade sales, partner and customer relationships and marketing.
The Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator will be systems-savvy, with excellent communication and organisational skills. They will be responsible for:
- Communicating with book trade customers, partners and agents to ensure book sales are maximised
- Controlling the accurate and timely flow of information, working with existing systems to make sure title data is readily accessible
- Providing customer support for our range of digital products for schools
- Handling customer queries by phone and email
- Processing school orders and maintaining our schools database
- Helping to co-ordinate social media activity and website updates
- Working with external designers to create eye-catching ads and marketing collateral
- Organising and attending events and shows
- Working closely with the team to create successful marketing and PR campaigns targeting schools, universities and consumers
Key Skills and Experience
- Confident, friendly and efficient when dealing with colleagues and customers face-to-face, on the phone or over email
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- An eye for detail and good writing skills
- Analytical with strong excel skills, using data to analyse performance, flag issues and opportunities
- Keen interest in sales and marketing
- Is flexible and adaptable and happy to work within a busy, small team
- Experience of supporting book trade sales operations would be an advantage
- Understanding book trade bibliographic systems and data flow would be an advantage
- Amazon experience would be an advantage
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by the closing date of 14 July 2017 to Lyndsey Mayhew, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Crimson Publishing, 19-21 Charles Street, Bath, BA1 1HX
Salary: Dependent on experience