A career in law is a popular choice and competition for training places at university is fierce. To be successful, you will not only need excellent grades, but also a passion for the subject and an impeccable application that will make an impression on admissions tutors.
Now in its 12th edition, Getting into Law is packed with up-to-date information and detailed advice to support your application and help you to take the first steps towards your chosen legal career, including valuable advice from university admissions tutors, as well as insights from employees at solicitor firms and barristers’ chambers.
Featuring new first-hand case studies from current students and recent graduates, this guide will lead you through the entire application process, including:
- Advice on choosing the right course and university for you
- Details of the different qualification routes and legal careers available
- New and extended information on getting work experience
- Insider tips on writing a winning UCAS personal statement, with samples from successful students
- Guidance on how to prepare for, and shine at interview, now including topical current affairs to discuss