Covering every part of the application process, from choosing a Nursing or Midwifery course, to finding relevant work experience, to writing an effective personal statement and performing well at selection days, Getting into Nursing and Midwifery has all of the essential information would-be students need to secure a place on the course of their choice.
Do you want to know how to be a nurse or midwife? Or which branch of nursing would suit you best? Is midwifery right for you?
Selecting students for some of the most fiercely competitive courses in the country, Nursing and Midwifery admissions tutors wade through hundreds of applications, so you need to be sure that your application stands out from the crowd.
Getting into Nursing and Midwifery is full of tips and advice from those in the know – admissions tutors, current nursing and midwifery students and newly qualified nurses and midwives – so you’ll find out first hand how to become a nurse or midwife.
Containing practical and comprehensive advice for the whole application process, learn:
– What counts as relevant work experience and how to get it
– How to best present yourself in a personal statement
– How to answer typical interview questions and perform well at selection days
– What NHS bursary funding is available
– How young people and mature applicants should apply
– What future career paths you can take in nursing and midwifery
Packed with practical admission advice Getting into Nursing and Midwifery has everything you need to land your place.