Do you want to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the country? To succeed in your application to Oxford or Cambridge, you need to secure top A level grades and demonstrate real commitment to and enthusiasm for your subject, with admissions based solely on your academic potential .
Updated annually to include all the vital details of the most recent admissions procedures, and packed with essential advice to help you win one of the fiercely sought-after places at Oxbridge, Getting into Oxford and Cambridge tells you everything you need to know to make a successful application. Featuring case studies from current students and tips from admissions tutors throughout, it will also give you a good idea of what it’s like to study there. It contains practical, step-by-step guidance on the entire application process, including:
- Key information on each of the colleges, and how to choose the best college for you
- How to write an effective personal statement, including sample personal statements from recent successful Oxbridge applicants
- Ways to shine at interview, with a breakdown of what interviewers are looking for
- Details of the various written tests students face prior to or during interviews
- First-hand case studies from students who have been successful in the Oxbridge application process
Founded in 1973, Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) is one of the UK’s best-known groups of independent sixth-form colleges, with centres in London, Birmingham and Cambridge. MPW has one of the highest number of university placements each year of any independent school in the country. It has developed considerable expertise in the field of applications strategy and has authored Getting into guides covering entrance procedures for many popular university courses.