Packed with activities and probing questions on key topics that typically inform university choice, from what to study and where, to assessment methods, study modes, finance, values, rankings and future job prospects, this guide offers all the tools students need to reflect critically on their university choices and make the best choice for them.
- Written by a qualified careers adviser with a recognised specialism in critical reflection
- Helps students to reflect more deeply about their own futures and what’s right for them – a key part of effective career guidance practice nationally
- Introduces students to critical thinking, reflective practice and writing; these are key skills required for success at uni
- Journal format makes the guide a unique resource with no direct market competition
- Can be used by students on their own, with their parents, or with personal tutors/careers advisers in tutorial sessions
Barbara Bassot is a qualified Careers Adviser and Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Career and Personal Development at Canterbury Christ Church Uni, specialising in critical reflection and career guidance. She is author of The Reflective Journal, now in its 2nd edition.