Are you thinking about applying to be a teacher? Do you want to know what to expect on your PGCE course? Or do you want advice on how to thrive in the first year of teaching?
Working in Teaching provides all this advice and more, covering every stage of becoming a teacher from routes into teaching to securing a teaching role as an Newly Qualified Teacher. If you’re thinking of becoming a teacher or want to find out about teaching qualifications Working in Teaching will provide handy tips and essential advice so you’re prepared for your course and the classroom. Covering everything you need to know, including advice on:
- Different routes into teaching
- The PGCE and other teaching courses
- Placements and observation
- Finding teaching roles to apply for
- Applications and interviews
- Support for NQT year
- Secondary and primary school teacher salary
- Career direction and development
Working in Teaching is packed with case studies from teachers at all stages of their career so you’ll have real-life personal advice from student teachers, NQTs and senior staff members.