16th January 2019
The Careers Leader Handbook, new one-day workshop Birmingham
by David Andrews and Tristram Hooley
Join a one-day workshop, led by the two authors, to introduce The Careers Leader Handbook, the essential new resource for careers leaders in schools and colleges. Booking form below.
Wednesday 27 March 2019
09.30 – 16.00
Jurys Inn, Broad Street, Birmingham
The Government’s new strategy for careers requires all schools and colleges to identify a named careers leader from September 2018. This is being supported by a nationally-funded training programme for careers leaders. We have written this major new handbook to pull together all the information and ideas careers leaders will need to establish outstanding careers programmes for their students. The book, published last term, includes chapters on each of the eight Gatsby benchmarks and further sections on leading, managing, co-ordinating and networking. To accompany the book Trotman have developed a dedicated website which provides access to a number of planning and review tools to assist careers leaders with their responsibilities.
The workshop will be a masterclass in careers leadership led by the authors of this new book. It will consist of a mix of presentations, hands-on activities and examples from the book which will explore the key challenges and opportunities of careers leadership.
The target audience includes:
- careers leaders in schools and colleges
- school and college senior leaders with overall responsibility for careers
- advisers and consultants working in MATs, local authorities, careers companies or independently
- providers of careers leader training, the Qualification in Career Development, the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance & Development and the other careers qualifications
- Careers Hub leads
- Enterprise Co-ordinators
- Quality in Careers Standard licensed awarding bodies
To book a place on please complete the booking form.
The course fee of £195 (ex. VAT) includes a copy of the handbook.