With brand new insights into what it takes to have a successful application right now, and guidance on things to focus on when applying from either an independent or state school, this book is a must-have for any student wanting to secure a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the country.
Updated annually to ensure the most current information, this guide will give you the inside track on every aspect of the application process from choosing your course and preparing a compelling personal statement to taking the written tests and surviving the interview.
Packed full of help and advice, Getting into Oxford & Cambridge will guide you through:
- Choosing the right subject, university and college for you
- The best types of experience that will support your application
- Ways to make your UCAS personal statement shine, with examples from successful applicants
- Advice on how to succeed in the written tests, with sample questions
- Recommended interview techniques, with advice and tips from current students