The UCAS application can seem daunting and unfamiliar. It’s your chance to impress admissions tutors and secure a place to study for the next three or more years. Yet, students often miss out on a place at their first-choice university simply because their UCAS application fails to make the right impact on admissions tutors.
This book breaks the UCAS process down into straightforward steps for you with instructions, screen shots, advice and tips throughout, so that you know exactly what to do, to ensure you make a successful application.
Featuring case studies from current studies, and written in association with UCAS, this 31st edition offers fully updated information on:
- Choosing the right university and course for you
- How to successfully navigate the UCAS Apply system
- How to make your personal statement stand out
- Important deadlines not to miss
- Information on current fees, funding and bursaries
- Preparing for interviews and what to expect in aptitude tests
- What to do if you don’t get the grades you need.
Founded in 1973, MPW, a group of independent sixth-form colleges, has one of the highest number of university placements each year of any independent school in the UK and has developed considerable expertise in the field of applications strategy. They author the Getting into Guides, which explain the application process for many popular university subjects.There is also a specialist guide on Oxford & Cambridge entrance.