Medicine is an incredibly popular career choice and competition for university places remains extremely high. Top grades are no longer enough to secure a place; you’ll also need to prepare thoroughly, gain work experience and be able to demonstrate your commitment to studying medicine.
Now in its 28th edition, Getting into Medical School is packed with detailed advice and up-to-date information on what you need to do to secure a place on the course of your choice and take the first steps towards your dream career.
With practical, step-by-step guidance, this book will lead you through every stage of the application process, including:
- Support on how to prepare a winning UCAS application
- Latest details of the UCAT and BMAT pre-admissions tests
- Advice on gaining that all-important work experience
- Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
- Summaries of current issues in medicine that you might be asked to discuss
- First-hand case studies from medical students and advice from admissions tutors
MPW Guides explain the complex procedures for getting into higher education. Written by acknowledged experts in a clear and concise format, they go beyond the official publications to give would-be students straightforward, practical advice on how to secure a place on a course of their choice.
Published: 1 March 2023
Length: 240 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm
About the authors
Adam Cross - Adam Cross read Biological Sciences at university and joined MPW in 2003 to teach Biology and Chemistry, becoming Head of Science in 2005 and later Head of Faculty in 2006.
Learn more >>
Emily Lucas - Emily Lucas holds the position of University Support Officer at MPW's Birmingham college. She helps students with their applications as well as supporting them with preparation for university entrance examinations.
Learn more >>