Veterinary medicine is a highly popular career choice, but with only ten UK veterinary schools offering courses, competition for places is fierce. Get a head start with this in-depth guide covering all aspects of the process from how to research and choose your course, prepare your application and survive the interview process.
Now in its 12th edition, Getting into Veterinary School is packed with detailed advice and up-to-date information on what you need to do to secure a place on the course of your choice and take the first steps towards your dream career.
Featuring all new first-hand case studies from current students and advice from practising vets, this guide will lead you through every step of the process, including:
- Advice on researching and choosing the right course for you
- Guidance on work experience requirements (including virtual options)
- Support on how to prepare a winning UCAS application
- In depth advice on how to create a personal statement with impact, including brand new examples
- Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
- Summaries of current animal health issues that you might be asked to discuss
Published: 19 April 2021
Length: 176 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm
About the author
Emily Lucas - Emily Lucas holds the position of University Support Officer at MPW's Birmingham college. She helps students with their applications as well as supporting them with preparation for university entrance examinations.
Learn more >>