Every year, students are rejected from their first-choice university simply because they have submitted a UCAS application that fails to make the right impact on admissions tutors.
Written in association with UCAS, this annually updated guide has been helping students stay off the reject pile for over 30 years. With helpful advice from admissions tutors throughout, it provides vital advice on how to avoid common mistakes and make your personal statement stand out from the crowd.
With practical, step-by-step guidance, this book will lead you through every stage of the application process, including:
- What to consider when choosing the right course and university for you
- How to successfully navigate the UCAS Hub system with up-to-date information for 2024 entry
- Important deadlines for your diary
- Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
- Invaluable guidance on writing an effective UCAS personal statement
- What to do if you don’t get the grades you need
MPW Guides explain the complex procedures for getting into higher education. Written by acknowledged experts in a clear and concise format, they go beyond the official publications to give would-be students straightforward, practical advice on how to secure a place on a course of their choice.
Published: 15 May 2023
Length: 180 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm