Jobs at Trotman and Indigo
We’re now recruiting for the following role:
Sales and Marketing Executive
Trotman Indigo Publishing
Trotman is an independent publisher of high-quality books on careers and university application. For more than 50 years, our titles have been known and trusted by students, schools and careers advisors throughout the UK. Indigo is our new digital platform for schools, using a wealth of rich content to help students narrow down their career and university choices.
Trotman Indigo Publishing is seeking a full-time Sales and Marketing Executive.
This varied role includes a range of sales, marketing and administrative elements and is an ideal position for an enthusiastic and proactive graduate who is keen to work across all aspects of sales and marketing within a busy education and trade publisher.
You will work within our small team across the Trotman print titles and Indigo, our digital careers and university choice platform for secondary schools.
The Sales and Marketing Executive will be systems-savvy, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
They will be responsible for:
- Proactively selling to schools via outbound calls, customer demos and lead follow up
- Onboarding new subscriber schools and driving renewals
- Creating successful digital and direct marketing campaigns to schools
- Working with external designers to create eye-catching marketing collateral
- Writing copy for, maintaining and updating the company websites
- Creating and publishing engaging content across our social media channels
- Handling school customer queries and processing orders
- Supporting our trade sales with a range of tasks including optimising our presence on Amazon, liaising with our warehouse and selling to key retailers
- Weekly and monthly sales reporting
You will be a creative, customer-focused individual who learns quickly and has the ability to understand and respond to customer needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a sales or marketing role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- An eye for detail and strong copywriting skills
- Flexibility, being happy to work in a small team across a range of tasks
- Experience of email marketing and running social media accounts
- An ability to manage their own time, work independently and proactively
- Experience of marketing systems (website CMS/email marketing platforms/customer databases etc.)
- A keen interest in Publishing and/or Marketing
- Knowledge of the secondary school and/or higher education sectors
- Knowledge of the careers sector
- Experience of budgetary and financial management
We are currently working a blend of office and home working and are open to discussing flexibility for this role. The preferred candidate is likely to be based with easy access to either Bath or London.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the extended closing date of Friday 30th July.
First interviews will be carried out remotely.
Salary: c £24,000
Trotman Indigo Publishing, 21d Charles Street, Bath, BA1 1HX
Download a PDF of the job spec here: Trotman Indigo Sales and Marketing Executive – job spec July 21