With a vast range of career options and stable employment prospects, engineering is becoming an increasingly popular degree course with competition for university places rising fast. Top grades are no longer enough to secure a place; you will need to show relevant work experience and the ability to demonstrate real commitment to your chosen subject.
Now in its 7th edition, Getting into Engineering Courses is packed with detailed advice and up-to-date information on what you need to do to secure a place on the course of your choice and take the first steps towards your dream career.
With practical, step-by-step guidance, this book will lead you through every stage of the application process, including:
- What to consider when choosing the right course and university for you
- Support on how to prepare a winning UCAS application
- Advice on gaining that all-important work experience
- Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
- Summaries of current issues in engineering that you might be asked to discuss
- First-hand case studies from current students and recent graduates
MPW Guides explain the complex procedures for getting into higher education. Written by acknowledged experts in a clear and concise format, they go beyond the official publications to give would-be students straightforward, practical advice on how to secure a place on a course of their choice.
Published: 28 March 2023
Length: 144 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm