Is going to university worth it? This book will help you find your answer.
Not sure what path to take once you leave school? Worried about choosing the ‘right’ option? Don’t panic!
Faced with mounting student debt, and stories of graduates left without a job, it’s understandable to ask whether going to uni is REALLY worth it. Other paths into the workplace are now well-established, and graduates report feeling ill equipped for the world of work. So, is going to uni the right choice for you?
This practical guide will help you find your answer. Author Michael Tefula helps you consider this decision from several perspectives, and includes the stories and advice of students that have chosen a range of different paths. With practical exercises that will guide you through the decision-making process, Is Going to Uni Worth It? will help you:
- Decide what path to take if you don’t know what career you’re aiming for
- Deal with parent and teacher expectations about your future
- Consider whether apprenticeships offer a strong enough alternative to a degree
- Work out the real price tag of each path
- Take into account your learning preference and ideal work environment
This book will lead you to a well-thought-out answer to one of the biggest decisions you will ever make.
Published: 14 February 2022
Length: 224 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm
About the author
Michael Tefula - Michael Tefula is a finance and technology professional with degrees from the University of Oxford and the University of Birmingham.
Learn more >>