Dentistry is a popular career choice, but with fewer than 20 dentistry schools in the UK, competition for places is fierce. To be successful, you will not only need excellent grades, but also relevant work experience and the ability to demonstrate real commitment to a career in dentistry.
Now in its 13th edition, Getting into Dental School is packed with detailed advice and up-to-date information on what you need to do to secure a place on the course of your choice and take the first steps towards your dream career.
With practical, step-by-step guidance, this book will lead you through every stage of the application process, including:
- Support on how to prepare a winning UCAS application
- Latest details of the UCAT and BMAT pre-admissions tests
- Advice on gaining that all-important work experience
- Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
- Summaries of current issues in dentistry that you might be asked to discuss
- First-hand case studies from dentistry students and practising dentists
MPW Guides explain the complex procedures for getting into higher education. Written by acknowledged experts in a clear and concise format, they go beyond the official publications to give would-be students straightforward, practical advice on how to secure a place on a course of their choice.
Published: 1 March 2023
Length: 176 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm
About the authors
Adam Cross - Adam Cross read Biological Sciences at university and joined MPW in 2003 to teach Biology and Chemistry, becoming Head of Science in 2005 and later Head of Faculty in 2006.
Learn more >>
Emily Lucas - Emily Lucas holds the position of University Support Officer at MPW's Birmingham college. She helps students with their applications as well as supporting them with preparation for university entrance examinations.
Learn more >>