Impressing at interview is a vital part of the admissions process for students hoping to win a place on the most competitive and popular university courses. To be successful, you’ll need to prepare thoroughly and be able to demonstrate passion and flair for your subject to admissions tutors.
Covering every aspect of the planning stages and packed with sample questions, guided answers and practical activities throughout, this book will support you through every stage of the interview process to enable you to perform to the best of your ability and tackle tough questions with confidence.
Featuring insider tips from admissions tutors, this guide will help you avoid the common pitfalls, offering essential advice on how to shine at interview, including:
- Interview format and outline: what to expect from panel, group and multiple mini interviews
- A unique overview of the psychology of the interview process and the soft skills needed to succeed
- How to answer common questions, with worked through examples of what to say and what not to say
- Subject-specific questions and answers for popular courses, including Medicine and Oxbridge interviews – and how to approach them
- Preparing for higher and degree apprenticeship interviews, with information on major employers.
This is a student’s must-read handbook on university interviews, giving you all the tools at your fingertips to find your competitive edge and win a place at your dream institution.
Published: 13 October 2017
Length: 144 pages
Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.6 cm