Damages & Claims
Any shortage or damage must be reported in writing within 14 days of receipt of goods, otherwise claims will not be considered. Please quote the invoice number on any claims.
- We endeavour to dispatch all in-stock items within 1-2 days of receiving orders.
- We guarantee delivery of all in-stock items within 7 working days but please allow 28 days for delivery of out-of-stock items, subject to availability.
- If you are ordering from overseas orders may take up to 28 days as standard.
- If you need to receive the goods before this please contact us to arrange a faster delivery service.
Order Confirmation & Supply
- We will email you with confirmation and acceptance of your order.
- Trotman Publishing at its sole discretion may rescind acceptance, in whole or in part, of any order containing incorrect information, whether this results from technical malfunction or any other cause, or in cases where the order is in conflict with the conditions of purchase.
- Trotman Publishing reserves the right at its sole discretion not to supply certain customers, or customers in certain countries, or to apply any limitations of quantity or value deemed appropriate.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, we reserve the right to amend prices and any other information without notice. Goods will be charged for at the price ruling at the date of despatch.
- We are Trotman Publishing, an imprint of Crimson Publishing.
- This policy covers all sites produced by Crimson Business Limited.
- Crimson Business Limited is committed to protecting your privacy online.
- This policy may change from time to time.
- Trotman Publishing may disclose your information, under strict terms of confidentiality and restriction of use, to partners of Trotman Publishing who supply services on behalf of Trotman Publishing and who require to process personal data in the provision of such services.
- When you use Trotman Publishing Services you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to Trotman Publishing partners, unless you have otherwise informed us that you do not wish us to disclose your personal information. However, under certain circumstances the force of law may require the provision of information to legal authorities. In order to safeguard the interests of its subscribers Trotman Publishing will comply with any such legally binding request.
- Some of the links used are affiliate links.
- Whilst Crimson Publishing may receive a commission for any sales, it has no effect on the price for the customer.
Information we collect
Identifiable information: your information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a Trotman Publishing website, or you send an email to Trotman Publishing.The information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information. You may inform Trotman Publishing at any time if you wish Trotman Publishing to cease using your personal information.
Non-identifiable information: Trotman Publishing will from time to time collect information from you that does not reveal your personal identity, for example we may ask you to complete online polls. Trotman Publishing uses this information for editorial purposes, and occasionally for other internal purposes. This information is only used in aggregate form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
How we use personal information
- Trotman Publishing processes personal information for the purpose of providing a personalised service, running competitions and providing you with information about products and services on offer.
- Trotman Publishing may from time to time use your contact information to tell you about news or events provided by Trotman Publishing or one of its strategic partners. You may opt-out of receiving such mailings, either when you register with Trotman Publishing or at any time afterwards.
- Trotman Publishing may also contact you with important information about your registration details even if you have opted-out of receiving promotional emails.
- Crimson Business Limited shall take steps to ensure that any transfer of data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal data than that provided under English law, shall be made subject to contractual arrangements which will require that your data be processed to at least a standard compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Links & Security
- There are links on Crimson Publishing web sites to third party websites which Trotman and Crimson Publishing has no control over. Trotman and Crimson Publishing accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites.
- Data transmission over the internet is never totally secure and whilst Trotman Publishing tries to protect your personal information, Trotman Publishing cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Cookies and other tracking devices
- Cookies are information that are sent to and stored on your computer. They are used to identify you when you visit our sites. Cookies are used to remember passwords, usernames and your preferences.
- If you wish you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser. For further information about cookies, including how to delete them please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Returns and Refunds
- All returns must be authorised by us prior to being sent back. Any unauthorised returns will not be credited and all returns must be made within 30 days of delivery.
- Returns are accepted for any reason within the 30-day guarantee period (beginning on the date on the dispatch form) or within 8 working days of receiving goods. Customers returning goods are advised to use registered post or recorded delivery, as Trotman Publishing cannot issue refunds for returned items lost in transit.
- Please make a note for your reference of the order number and item number/ISBN(s) given on the confirmation email. Contact us at email@example.com and we can advise you on returning your item(s). Where possible, return the item(s) with the original despatch note and in the original packaging.
- Please note that Trotman Publishing will not refund returns postage and packing charges except in the demonstrable event that the customer has received an unordered item, an item damaged in transit, or a faulty item.
- Refunds are normally processed within a week of receipt of the returned item or within 30 days of cancellation. Where refunds are requested, the Customer Services Manager will search the customer’s order record to prevent instances of fraudulent requests.
- We will do our best to provide replacement copies of undelivered or returned items when requested, but our only obligation will be to refund purchase costs.
- The refunds terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Books do not attract VAT charges. Where specified, a selection of resources, such as CD-ROMS and videos, attract a VAT charge, which will be added to your order in the shopping cart or order summary.
- VAT will also be charged to orders to EC countries unless a VAT number is stated.